Time to clean out your wardrobe and make room for something new! Check out the details below on 'how to consign'. If you still need more information, please feel free to call us at 604-370-1951. We're always happy to help.
We are always accepting new consignors. The best time to consign is at the beginning of the upcoming season. Authentic designer labels and good recognizable brands of clothing and accessories are best suited for re-sale, although all quality pieces will be considered.
If you are a new to consignment, please call and make an appointment prior to your first visit. We will evaluate your items and select what is best suited for our store and market. Your items will be listed on your contract and appraised for re-sale.
We give preference to Authentic Name Brand and Designer clothing, but all pieces will be examined for salability and will be considered for consigning. We want to make it easy for you to consign with us. Here are a few simple steps:
1. Select items in season, and in excellent condition.
2. Call the shop to advise us of when you will arrive.
3. Items must be cleaned, pressed and on HANGERS for viewing. Your hangers will be returned to you.
4. We will select items we feel will sell to our customer base. All items will be listed in detail on your contract, including the estimated price. Contracts are a minimum 2 months.
5. If you bring us just one item, we need to appraise it for at least $80.00.
6. After you have been accepted as a consignor and you have a current contract with The Bon Retour, you may drop off additional items at any time. No appointment is needed. The same conditions apply.
It's that easy!
Terms and Conditions:
- The consignor shall receive 40% and will carry any cleaning costs incurred.
- The consignor shall receive 50% if used toward purchases at Bon Retour.
- Bon Retour is not liable for theft, damage or fire.
- Bon Retour will always strive to attain the best possible price, but appraised prices are subject to reductions due to current market conditions, salability and condition of articles. No notice of reductions will be made.
- The consignor is responsible to contact Bon Retour to reclaim unsold articles and any monies owing to them at the expiry of the contract.
- Not accepted and unsold articles will be held for 2 weeks only, at which time they will be donated to charity.
- Any monies unclaimed will be held for 6 months only.
- No in and out privilege on accepted merchandise.
When to bring in your consignment items:
Fall - August onwards
Winter - October onwards
Spring - January onwards
Summer - May onwards
*Holiday items such as evening gowns, cocktail dresses, glitter and accessories should be consigned in October.*